Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Maybe it's a good thing I have no spare cash :)

Helloooo, I'm sure you're all just dying to know where I've been . Hubby and myself have been quite ill recently with some sort of nasty viral infection (ew) and instead of getting to stay home and recover, we've been dragged every which way recently. No matter! I'm back with more things I can't afford!

So here in Aus it was fathers day a week or so ago, so Az and I headed down to the beach to spend the Sunday with his family. After the massive lunch and almost falling asleep part of the day, Aaron's sister suggested we go to a place called 'The Mill', which was only described to me as 'an antique shop.'
The only website I could find was this here, pseudo-site. We were at the Geelong one.
They boast something like over 50k items for sale and such, but I had no idea what to expect. We pulled into the parking lot of a massive, and I mean massive barn shaped building.


As you walk in you get that nice musty antique-y smell and are immediately bombarded with thousands of items. One of which is Glo-mesh (insert drool here) with
the keen eyes of myself, Aarons mum and sister, we found stacks of the stuff. Hong kong mesh as well as original Glo International Glomesh, some even in original boxes.
(Warning: Image heavy)
































































So really, the only reason I don't currently have every item there in my possession is because I had no money on me at the time. :(
What surprised me even more was the pricing some people put of those items. There were
Hong Kong alumesh bags in terrible condition selling for $25! If it's not real glomesh I wouldn't even pay that for it, even in good condition. I saw the same wallet I bought not too long ago only it was real glomesh going for about $20 I believe it was. Of course, the gold bags were fetching a pretty penny at around $60-$80, keep in mind they were in their original boxes. Regardless of my fetish, we trudged on through The Mill. And I can safely say that I will be back, as soon as I have some extra money:) But hey, Christmas is coming around soon now isn't it :P
Another thing that caught my eye while I was there was this beautiful dress,

Though for some reason I had a feeling it would never fit me, it just *looked* too small. But for $45, it was almost too good to abandon. Alas, my husband gave me that look and I let it go, though next time I'm around, if it's still there and it does fit, it's mine mwahahahah.













Anyhow that's enough for the moment, I just needed to update and get these photos off my camera :)

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment